martes, 4 de marzo de 2014

Do you really need to be loved by others?

I wasn't sure about what I was going to write today... until a few hours ago.

Love! I don't want to talk about that kind of romantic and passionate love that almost everyone dream about (including me). Perhaps I do, but in a different way. I want to talk about the love that we feel for ourselves; and I know that this subject could sound a little bit boring for some people. However, thanks to this kind of love you can discover a whole new world full of opportunities. When you love yourself, you don't have to expect love or any kind of actions from others in the name of love, not even from your partner. I mean, you should expect respect and kindness, but never depend on another person to be loved. You can love yourself first and discover that when you're not expecting anything from others, you can be gladly surprised when you receive something special from them (including love). Isn't that amazing? I believe so!


Now, discover if you love yourself as you should. Answer to the 5 next questions:

1- Do you say or think honest and kind things about you in front of the mirror?
2- Do you eat healthy food and do exercise regularly thinking that your body is the vehicle of your soul and that you have to take good care of it because of that?
3- Do you feel good with yourself even when someone say nasty things about you without any justifiable reason?
4- Do you give you the things you need to be loved? Like flowers, toys, delicious dinners with candles around or little details to yourself, without telling anyone?
5- Do you dance alone listening to your favourite music and feeling grateful for your life?


If you answered Yes  to more than 3 options then Congratulations! You love yourself or you're starting to do it. Keep going and complete your own list. Now, if you answered No to more than 3 options then you need to start paying attention to your self-esteem. It's important to love yourself to receive the love of others without suffering. Don't feel sad and start right now! You have 5 exercises to change your life from now on.

I hope you have enjoyed my writing. It would be amazing if you share it with people who you think could need to read it as well. I wish you all the best in your new path of true love.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario